Saturday 6 September 2014

[Film] Night Of The Living Dead (1990) (Remake) Review

If I remember correctly, this was the first zombie film I ever watched. I was 15 and I watched it in 2009, I remember watching it with my mum because we both couldn't sleep. I absolutely loved it, but for some reason I never thought to sought out other zombie films, especially those of Romero. Maybe it was because I was a measley fifteen years of age and all of Romero's greats were rated 18.

I believe this film sparked something in my mind, something, a flame maybe, that wasn't relit until I was about 17/18. Of course, being 2009 The Walking Dead had not yet been released, and Season 1 would not air for at least another year. So my zombie passion was just with film, and after I realised it, I noticed a whole new world of zombie medium.

I thank this film, for starting that love and I love this film a significant amount. I feel it compliments Romero's Night Of The Living Dead wonderfully. It will always have a special place in my heart. I like the fact that even though it is based on the original characters, the storyline differs in many places from the original 1968 version.

A cool thing is that at London Film and Comic Convention I managed to find a really cool original film cell of this film.

If you want to read about that experience, you can do so here: http://thestrollingunwell.blogspot.co.uk/2014/08/night-of-living-dead-film-cell-lfcc-3.html


No comments:

Post a Comment