Sunday 3 August 2014

Night Of The Living Dead Film Cell, TWD Comic #1 LFCC #3

My main posts about London Film and Comicon were ultimately based around me meeting George A. Romero. However, I did pick up a couple zombie related goodies which make really cool additions to my collection.

Firstly, I found a stall called A Place In Space, they caught my attention because they had a load of Walking Dead memorabilia, so of course, this drew me in. I was having a look at the books when I noticed the first ever Walking Dead comic for £3!! I thought this was amazing because I was often on eBay looking for one. Not necessarily a first print or anything I just thought it would be a great addition to my collection considering I had all the Walking Dead books. The comics on eBay were going for quite a bit of money, at least £10 so I bought it straight away, and for £3 you can't really argue.



Secondly, I bought a really cool a Night of the Living Dead film cell, they were four for £10 or £3 each, I love this sort of stuff so I got four, only one zombie related one though. The others I got were from The Godfather, Beetlejuice and The Jungle Book. Anyway, back to zombies! This film cell isn't from the original, it's from the 1990 remake which I think is brilliant anyway. It is so hard to take a picture of the film cell itself, but basically it is when brother and sister, Johnnie and Barbara are in the cemetery  and the zombie is coming towards them.



Overall, I am very pleased with my two purchases, I would have bought more but I spent £30 on Romero's autograph and £30 on the picture with him, so all in all a massive £60 just for that experience, and £21 for entry, leaving me with very little spending money!! I can't say it wasn't worth it though, because it entirely was.

No comments:

Post a Comment